Courtroom5 is proud to be selected as one of nine startups in the LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator Program for 2019. “LexisNexis is a corporation providing computer-assisted legal research (CALR) as well as business research and risk management services. … As of 2006, the company has the world’s largest electronic database for legal and public-records related information.”
In 2017, LexisNexis launched the accelerator program to support startup legal tech companies and help drive innovative technology in the legal profession. The companies chosen for the accelerator program receive mentoring, technical advice, access to innovative technologies, and more. To date, LexisNexis has funded 18 startups. This is the fourth year of the program. This year’s program will run from September to December.
The nine members of the fourth LexisNexis Legal Tech Accelerator cohort are:
- Civvis is a natural language platform that connects consumers with trusted legal solutions.
- ClearstoneIP is pioneering and modernizing patent clearance management with a purpose-built and uniquely collaborative web platform.
- Courtroom5 delivers access to justice to pro se litigants through a case management platform that provides bite-sized, just-in-time legal information, document templates, searchable case law, elements-to-evidence case analysis, and other litigation tools.
- Discovery Genie is an innovative web-based platform designed to simplify document production and indexing for litigators and paralegals.
- DueCourse is a learning and professional development platform that helps lawyers take control of their career and map and track their professional development through frictionless, personalized learning.
- JDoe is an anonymous, end-to-end encrypted reporting platform that connects survivors of sexual misconduct with world-class civil litigators to pursue justice together against repeat offenders.
- Lawgood helps lawyers make better contracts without expensive practice resources or time-consuming research using crowdsourced data and decision support technology.
- TermScout helps people and businesses understand contracts by providing simple reviews of commonly signed agreements.
- Tusk is automating the fragmented, painful and expensive estate settlement process.
Courtroom5 is elated to be selected as a LexisNexis Accelerator company. LexisNexis is the best legal research and business intelligence source on the market, and our selection for this program reflects the industry’s commitment to access to justice for regular people. We look forward to working with LexisNexis and being part of a prestigious group of other startups.