For members only – because members know for sure this is the right move. Not a member? Join for $15/mo.
- WHAT IS A SUBPOENA? A subpoena is a legal document that orders a person or entity that is not a party to the case to provide testimony relevant to a legal proceeding.
- WHY WOULD I NEED A SUBPOENA? You would need a subpoena if you need to compel someone not a party to the case to provide testimony that is relevant to your case but that the person or entity is unwilling or unable to provide voluntarily.
- WHEN WOULD I NEED A SUBPOENA? You would need a subpoena after you have exhausted all other options for obtaining the testimony you need and you believe that the person or entity you are seeking to compel has the information you need. The court typically sets a deadline for issuing subpoenas, which is usually a specific number of days before the scheduled hearing or trial.
- HOW WOULD I USE A SUBPOENA? You would use a subpoena to order a person or entity to appear at a hearing or trial and provide testimony that is relevant to the case. The subpoena should be served on the person or entity in accordance with the rules for service of process, and should include specific instructions for complying with the subpoena.
- WHAT’S THE PROCESS? We’ll guide you through the process of completing a subpoena that sets out the information you need and the person or entity you are seeking to compel to provide it. In the end, you will download a properly formatted subpoena to serve on the person or entity, along with any necessary instructions for complying with the subpoena.
On your way to the perfect subpoena, you will pass the following milestones:
- Awareness – Understand the requirements, components, and factors for success of a subpoena.
- Analysis – Analyze the claims in your case to determine the relevant facts for your subpoena.
- Assembly – Use the information you’ve collected to craft your subpoena.
Buy once, use forever with active membership.