Motion to Compel Discovery
For members only – because members know for sure this is the right move. Not a member? Join for $15/mo.
- WHAT IS A MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY? A motion to compel discovery is a request made by a party to the court to order the other party to provide responses to discovery requests that have not been adequately answered or have been refused altogether.
- WHY WOULD I NEED A MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY? You would need a motion to compel discovery if the other party has failed to respond to your discovery requests or has provided incomplete or evasive responses, and you need the information in order to prepare your case for trial.
- WHEN WOULD I NEED A MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY? You would need a motion to compel discovery after you have served discovery requests on the other party, but have not received adequate responses within the time allowed by the rules of civil procedure.
- HOW WOULD I USE A MOTION TO COMPEL DISCOVERY? You would use a motion to compel discovery to request that the court order the other party to provide complete and accurate responses to your discovery requests. The motion should include a description of the discovery requests that have not been adequately answered, a statement of the reasons why the responses are inadequate, and any relevant legal arguments or case law.
- WHAT’S THE PROCESS? We’ll guide you through the process of completing a motion to compel discovery that sets out your request. In the end, you will download a properly formatted motion to compel discovery to file with the court.
On your way to the perfect motion to compel discovery, you will pass the following milestones:
- Awareness – Understand the requirements, components, and factors for success of a motion to compel discovery.
- Analysis – Analyze the claims in your case to determine the relevant facts for your motion to compel discovery.
- Authority – Understand the law and find legal support for your motion to compel discovery.
- Assembly – Use the information you’ve collected to craft your motion to compel discovery.
Buy once, use forever with active membership.