Complaint or Petition
For members only – because members know for sure this is the right move. Not a member? Join for $15/mo.
- WHAT IS A COMPLAINT OR PETITION? A complaint or petition is a legal document that initiates a lawsuit by setting out the claims and allegations of the plaintiff or petitioner against the defendant or respondent.
- WHY WOULD I NEED A COMPLAINT OR PETITION? You would need a complaint or petition if you believe that you have been wronged by another party and wish to seek legal redress. The complaint or petition is the first step in the legal process of resolving a dispute.
- WHEN WOULD I NEED A COMPLAINT OR PETITION? You would need a complaint or petition when you wish to initiate a lawsuit against another party. The complaint or petition is typically filed with the court and served on the defendant or respondent.
- HOW WOULD I USE A COMPLAINT OR PETITION? You would use a complaint or petition to set out the claims and allegations of your case against the defendant or respondent. The complaint or petition should include a statement of the facts, the legal claims being asserted, and the specific relief being sought.
- WHAT’S THE PROCESS? We’ll guide you through the process of completing a complaint or petition that outlines your claims. In the end, you will download a properly formatted complaint or petition to file in court.
On your way to the perfect complaint or petition, you will pass the following milestones:
- Awareness – Understand the requirements, components, and factors for success of a complaint or petition.
- Analysis – Analyze the claims in your case to determine the relevant facts to state in your complaint or petition.
- Authority – Understand the law and find legal support for your complaint or petition.
- Assembly – Use the information you’ve collected to craft the statements in your complaint or petition.
Buy once, use forever with active membership.